WilderQuest Spotlight tour
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Shh! What was that? Is it a bird? Is it a plane? Join our national parks ranger, for an exciting expedition under the stars. We'll discover the amazing creatures of the night on this easy 1.5hr tour.
Friday 10 July and Friday 17 July 2020, 5.30pm to 7pm.
Friday 2 October and Friday 9 October 2020, 6.45pm to 8.15pm.
No tours on Friday 17 April or Friday 24 April.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for children 5 to 12 years.
- Adult/child $15 per person.
- Meeting point
- Katoomba Falls Kiosk
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Get ready to tip-toe down the track amongst the moonlit gumtrees and learn more about the wonderful nocturnal animals that live in the Blue Mountains. We may come across owls, possums, sugar gliders and little microbats, as they emerge from their homes in and around Katoomba Falls.
You'll get a different view of Jamison Valley under the stars, as we listen to the night-time chorus of our nocturnal friends.
Come prepared with your own torch, warm clothing, comfortable shoes and a sense of adventure.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.