WilderQuest Bug hunt: Yarrangobilly Caves
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
Come on a fun adventure exploring Kosciuszko's natural world through a magnifying glass. Find out where the bugs are hiding around Yarrangobilly Caves and discover amazing things about them.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for children 4 to 12 years.
Child $15 per person
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre, 30 mins before your tour starts.
- Bookings required, call Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre on 02 6454 9597.
- Available on request for private bookings for on-site guests, birthday parties and group excursions.
Immerse yourself in the wonderful world of bugs and creepy-crawly critters at Yarrangobilly Caves. With keen eyes and a magnifying glass, we'll follow their trails and find out what they look like. See where these bugs live and discover how they hide from predators. Explore the natural world and have fun learning on this short and informative guided walk.
All tools and equipment are supplied. You'll need to wear clothes that can get dirty, and closed-in shoes. Bring a backpack, hat, drinking water, snacks for before and after the activity and a change of clothes.
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy a pass