WilderQuest Bound for Botany Bay
La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
Join the WilderQuest gang at Kamay Botany Bay National Park. You'll go back in time to London in 1820, where you'll be sentenced to life as a convict and transported to Botany Bay.
Tours run 10.30am to 12pm
Friday 3 January and Friday 24 April 2020.
- La Perouse area in Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for children 5 to 12 years.
Child $16 per person. Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- The bridge to Bare Island
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online.
You'll play different roles – some are very colourful characters! You'll hear lots of stories. Join in a sing-a-long to raise your spirits on your long voyage. When you arrive at Botany Bay you'll take part in an absolutely wild 'convict escape' that takes you to a new environment. You'll find out about how the early settlers lacked bush survival skills, contrasted with the excellent bush skills of the Aboriginal people. Finally, we'll come back to the present. Convicts will be issued with a 'Ticket of Leave' for good behaviour, so they can return to their community as a free person.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- 02 9585 6831
- in the La Perouse area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–8.30pm November to March. 7am–7.30pm April to October
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
There are no park entry fees in La Perouse area but you'll need to pay to tour Bare Island. Park entry fees apply in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park, only.Buy annual pass