WilderQuest Bake and bushcraft at Yarrangobilly
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
Would you like to learn basic bush skills and cook your own food on a campfire? Join the WilderQuest crew in exploring the natural world of Yarrangobilly.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for children 4 to 12 years.
- Child $15 per person
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- Bookings essential. Phone Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre on 02 6454 9597. Payment is non-refundable and is required at time of booking. Maximum 16 children per 2 supervisors for each activity.
- Available winter school holidays and on request for private bookings, on-site guests, birthday parties and group excursions.
On this fascinating exploratory tour, we'll identify the tracks and scats of animals living in Yarrangobilly creeks and forests.
We'll learn how to safely start, maintain and extinguish a campfire. You'll put your cooking skills to the test by preparing your own morning tea. We'll continue our learning through building bush shelters and creating land art.
Grab this chance to explore the natural world while learning through play and discovery. Parents can join a cave tour or enjoy the nearby picnic areas while their children are in the care of our experienced supervisors.
Children need to wear boots with sufficient grip, and warm waterproof clothes that can get dirty and wet. They'll also need a small backpack containing a bottle of water, beanie and gloves. Bring a change of clothes, socks and shoes for the children, as well as snacks for after the activity. All food, tools and equipment are supplied.
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy a pass