West Head scenic day tours
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Let Sydney Scenic Trails whisk you away to West Head to soak up panoramic views of rugged coastline and azure waters. You'll also enjoy a short bushwalk and a picnic lunch at beautiful and secluded Flint and Steel Beach.
- Contact Sydney Scenic Trails for tour schedule.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Not suitable for toddlers; guests must able to walk up and down a steep hill.
- Contact Sydney Scenic Trails for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Sydney Scenic Trails on 0425 287 116. Bookings available on request.
This guided tour with Sydney Scenic Trails is your ticket to some of the Sydney area’s most beautiful sights.
Join your guides in Manly and travel to stunning West Head lookout. Be sure to have your camera ready for an unforgettable panorama, taking in Broken Bay, Barrenjoey Headland with its lighthouse, and the Hawkesbury River and beyond to Central Coast beaches.
Next get off the beaten track with a scenic 30min walk through peaceful bushland. Be ready to snap up photo opportunities as you wind your way down a steep hill to breathtaking Flint and Steel Beach.
This peaceful and secluded beach is perfect for a picnic lunch. Eat, explore and relax, but keep an eye out for wallabies and kookaburras. You may even a see a pod of dolphins as they swim past this idyllic spot.
Sydney Scenic Trails is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.
Under the Plan of Management for this park, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 20 or more people planning to visit this park. Contact the park office before your visit.Buy annual pass