Snowy rock climbing and abseiling courses
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Sign up with Snowy Mountains Climbing School for rock climbing and abseiling courses. It's a great way to safely learn new skills in stunning Kosciuszko National Park locations.
Contact Snowy Mountains Climbing School for course dates and times.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Easy to moderate level of difficulty, depending on the course chosen.
Contact Snowy Mountains Climbing School for pricing information.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Half-day and full-day courses available.
- Contact Snowy Mountains Climbing School to learn about their other climbing and mountaineering courses.
Safely learn new rock climbing and abseiling skills with Snowy Mountains Climbing School. You'll benefit from programs developed by Chris Brown, an international climber and guide who has delivered high-quality training around the world.
Soak up the beauty of stunning Snowy Mountains locations in Kosciuszko National Park as you work with qualified instructors to expand your toolkit of skills and techniques.
Try a half-day program for a great introduction to important rock climbing or abseiling skills. You'll have fun and enjoy the views as you're guided by friendly and enthusiastic instructors.
Or try the full-day program for a more in-depth rock climbing and abseiling experience. As an added plus of this longer course, you and your group will be able venture out to more remote and wild locations.
Snowy Mountains Climbing School is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass