Snapper Point and Bongon Head walk
Munmorah State Conservation Area
Soak up the ocean views on this adventure along the coastline of Munmorah State Conservation Area. Enjoy the local geological wonders, including a blowhole and some rarely visited caves.
Tuesday 19 November 2019, 8.30am to 12.30pm.
- Munmorah State Conservation Area
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over. There are some moderately steep sections and we'll walk along a track near cliff edges.
Adult $7 per person. Senior/child $5 per person.
- Entry fees
$8 per vehicle per day.
- Meeting point
- Carpark at end of Snapper Point Road
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, snacks, sturdy shoes, sunscreen
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Explore the spectacular headlands of Snapper Point and Bongon Head. We'll visit some fascinating rock formations and some little-known caves.
While you're enjoying marvellous views, you'll walk to the blowhole and cave at Snapper Point, followed by Bongon Head. Then it's around to Coral Fern Cave.
We'll cover around 1km over 4 hours on this walk, but you'll want to come prepared with sturdy shoes, drinking water, a hat, sunscreen and snacks.
- NSW National Parks and Wildlife
- 1300 072 757
- in Munmorah State Conservation Area in the Sydney and surrounds and North Coast regions
Spring/summer open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–9pm, from the start of the NSW school holiday period in September (Friday) until the last day of the NSW autumn school holidays.
Autumn/winter open hours
Munmorah State Conservation Area is open 5.30am–7pm, from 1 May until the day before the start of the NSW September school holidays (Thursday).
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines - please bring correct coins (cards accepted).Buy annual pass