Nymboida guided whitewater adventures
North Coast, Country NSW
Join the experienced guides of Exodus Adventures for an exhilarating rafting or canoeing trip down the Nymboida and Boyd rivers, in Nymboida and Nymboi-Binderay national parks, near Coffs Harbour.
Tours run on weekdays and weekends. Contact Exodus Adventures for tour times and dates.
- Medium. Suitable for all ages and paddling abilities. You will canoe or raft through grade 1 to 3 rapids.
Contact Exodus Adventures for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Exodus Adventures on 0410 404 078. Bookings are also available on request.
- Please note
- No previous rafting experience required.
- Inexperienced swimmers will be supplied with personal floatation devices and guided safely through whitewater by guides.
- Exodus Adventures offers a large range of activities with single and multi-day adventures available.
- Snacks are provided on short tours and longer tours are fully catered.
Surge along rapids and experience the thrill of whitewater on an unforgettable guided tour with Exodus Adventures. Choose from adventurous whitewater canoeing trips or family-friendly rafting experiences. These tours are great way to explore the Nymboida River, the closest rafting river to Brisbane, and the Boyd River.
The Nymboida River is regarded as one of the best rafting rivers in Australia thanks to its diverse paddling conditions. As you paddle downstream through rugged paradise, you'll experience awesome contrasts in the landscape, from spectacular gorges to lush rainforest and deep tranquil pools (where you might spot a platypus).
The exciting rapids and diverse wildlife of the Boyd River are also not to be missed. Keep your eyes peeled for rock-wallabies, water dragons, wombats, lyrebirds and colourful dragonflies as you navigate the waterway.
Don’t worry if you’ve never gone rafting before. Each Exodus Adventure trip is led by experienced and knowledgeable guides who’ll make sure your adventure is both safe and fun.
Exodus Adventures is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/guided-tours/nymboida-guided-whitewater-adventures/local-alerts
- in Nymboida National Park in the North Coast and Country NSW regions
- Nymboida National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to extreme weather or fire danger.
- in Nymboi-Binderay National Park in the North Coast region
Nymboi-Binderay National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
All the practical information you need to know about Nymboida guided whitewater adventures.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Contact Exodus Adventures for directions.
Contact Exodus Adventures for information on parking.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
Wheelchair-accessible tours are available. Contact Exodus Adventures for more information.
Nymboida guided whitewater adventures is in Nymboida National Park. Here are just some of the reasons why this park is special:
Aboriginal cultural heritage
This region covers parts of the traditional lands of the Ngarrabul and Gumbaynggirr People. The land and waterways, and the plants and animals that live in them, feature in all facets of Aboriginal culture - including recreational, ceremonial, spiritual and as a main source of food and medicine. Evidence of past occupation includes open campsites along the Mann and Nymboida River terraces, and local Aboriginal people maintain strong links with this special country.
An important habitat for animals and birdlife
Search the skies for the majestic white-bellied sea eagle, listen out for the magical call of bellbirds, and rest your paddle while you search for turtles and water dragons. Look beneath the surface of the river for fish, but pay close attention to fishing regulations - the park's rivers contain part of the only remaining wild breeding population of the critically endangered eastern freshwater cod. It is illegal to catch them and other seasonal fishing restrictions also apply.
- Nymboida guided whitewater adventures Join the experienced guides of Exodus Adventures for an exhilarating rafting or canoeing trip down the Nymboida and Boyd rivers, in Nymboida and Nymboi-Binderay national parks, near Coffs Harbour.
As nature intended
The core of Nymboida National Park has been declared wilderness and is sliced up by the rugged Mann River. The Bindery-Mann Wilderness, along with the adjacent Washpool Wilderness, forms a large area where nature survives away from direct human interference. This bushland connects with the Gibraltar Range-Washpool section of the Gondwana Rainforests of Australia.
- Multi-day Nymboida whitewater adventures Unplug from technology and re-connect with others on a thrilling Nymboida River canoe trip. Let Journey Outdoors in Nature safely introduce you to the thrill of whitewater paddling.
The challenging territory of the Nymboida has seen plenty of settler activity over the years. Generations of families mustered on large, rugged bush blocks on the Nymboida and Mann rivers, sometimes camping in slab huts, and miners of tin and gold worked Nymboida and Chambigne Creek Goldfield along Mann River valley.
Outdoor activities against a dramatic backdrop
Experience the excitement of nature among the gorges and forest while canoeing, 4WDing, hiking and camping. The protected wilderness of Nymboida offers a spectacular landscape for you to explore, formed by ancient volcanoes and long periods of faulting and uplift. You'll discover rugged and remote valleys, the pristine waters of the Nymboida and Mann rivers, and magnificent towering forest.