Neptune's necklace and soldier crabs
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Do you like muddy places where interesting creatures thrive? If you do, don't miss this adventure at the Merimbula Lake boardwalk these school holidays.
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for children aged 5 to 15 years.
Minimum $250 per group (8 participants minimum). Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- Carpark at beginning of boardwalk, Merimbula Bridge.
- For group bookings, email or phone 02 6495 5000 or 0448 765 381.
- Group bookings available on request, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Earliest start 10am, latest finish 3pm.
Want to spend a little time digging in the mud these school holidays? Head over to Merimbula, near Bournda National Park, for fun in the wetlands. With a sieve and bucket in hand, we'll take a closer look at the small creatures that call this environment home.
Join your NPWS guide at low tide and venture along the Merimbula Boardwalk and down onto the sand. Here we'll explore the complex mangrove ecosystem that’s teeming with life. Discover the variety of creatures that live in the estuaries and different tidal zones. You'll be mad about mangroves after you've discovered their hidden treasures.
Remember to wear enclosed shoes that are okay to get muddy.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service