Monday meanderers: Wyrrabalong coastal walk
Wyrrabalong National Park
Enjoy an incredible 6km, 5-hour guided coastal walk in Wyrrabalong National Park. You’ll learn some interesting facts about the park and spot scenic views along the shoreline.
Monday 2 March 2020, 10.30am to 3.30pm
- Bateau Bay Beach picnic area, Wyrrabalong National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over.
Adult $7 per person. Senior/child $5 per person.
- Meeting point
- Playground off Reserve Drive, Bateau Bay
- What to
- Drinking water, snacks, lunch, sturdy shoes, hat, sunscreen
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online.
Come along on this 6km coastal walk at Bateau Bay. We’ll meet at the playground on Reserve Drive and wander down to Crackneck lookout to enjoy the stunning coastal views on offer. Your guide will lead you along the coastal track and tell fascinating stories about the park. Along the walk, we’ll meander past spotted gums, banksia and peer through the trees to enjoy this stunning area.
We’ll find a nice place to stop and have a picnic lunch before heading onto the beach for more exploring. Enjoy an afternoon beach combing as we head towards natural springs and visit the rare mangrove stands within the park. You’ll also have time to discover the local rock platforms that are home to some amazing and unique fauna.
Please note: Be sure to bring along a packed lunch and enough drinking water for the tour.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- in Wyrrabalong National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Wyrrabalong National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Crackneck lookout is closed from 8pm to 5.30am daylight savings time and 6pm to 5.30am at other times.
Pelican Beach Road lookout is closed from 8pm to 5.30am daylight savings time, and 6pm to 5.30am at other times.