Killer whales and whalers
Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site
COVID-safe tours and events
To Wednesday 15 December 2021, there are restrictions on unvaccinated people booking tours. Proof of vaccination status will be required on the day. If unvaccinated, you can only join a tour within the LGA of your residence and you can only join a tour with members of your household. Your booking will need to meet the minimum size requirement for the tour.
You'll be required to wear a mask if you enter an indoor area. Please have a mask with you on the day.
Join an experienced, local guide on a tour of the historic Davidson Whaling Station. Learn about the area’s legendary killer whales and how they helped whaling operations.
- Monday to Friday, subject to staff availability.
- Davidson Whaling Station, Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children 6 years and over. There are a few steps down to the beach from the historic site.
- Prices start from $300 per group. Ticket includes refreshments.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Davidson Whaling Station carpark.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Bookings required. Available on request, email or phone 02 6495 5000 or 0448 765 381.
- Available on request. Monday to Friday, subject to staff availability. Tour runs 2 hours.
Discover the fascinating whaling history of the Eden area on a guided tour of the Davidson Whaling Station historic site. Located at Kiah Inlet on the shores of Twofold Bay, just a short drive from Ben Boyd National Park, you’ll be transported back to the mid-1800s as you walk around this special place.
Don’t miss the historic try-works, where blubber was processed, or the charming 1890s weatherboard homestead. Uncover the remarkable story of how a local pod of killer whales played a part in the early settlers’ whaling operation.
Please bring a water bottle and hat. It’s a good idea to wear sunscreen and bring a jumper in case of cool weather. There will be tea and coffee provided as a light refreshment.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service