Kids' Gondwana nature play: 5 to 12 years
Dorrigo National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Looking for something for the kids to do these school holidays? Join us for a fun hour in Dorrigo National Park, where kids aged 5 to 12 years can reconnect with nature through play and discovery.
Tuesday 10 January and Tuesday 17 January, 10am to 11am and 11.30am to 12.30pm.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, Dorrigo National Park
- Easy. Suitable for children aged 5 to 12 years. Adults not required to attend. Children will walk 200m.
Child (5 to 12 years) $10 per person.
- Meeting point
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre picnic area.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, drinking water, snacks, raincoat
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online. It's best to book ahead to secure your ticket, but you can book at the Rainforest Centre Information desk on the day.
- Please note
- These tours run in all weather. The rainforest is the place to be in the rain, so come prepared.
This is a 1-hour ranger-guided experience. Kids will enjoy interactive games, discovery and play in the World Heritage-listed Gondwana Rainforest at Dorrigo National Park.
Children become predator and prey through nature games. They’ll get up close with rainforest invertebrates through leaf litter exploration and create their own clay critter to take home.
Kids should wear clothes that are sun-safe and okay to get dirty. We recommend long pants, long-sleeved tops to prevent bites and scratches, and sturdy enclosed shoes. Kids should also bring a raincoat, hat and sunscreen.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.