Junior ranger: Copeland Tops
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Step back in time this school holidays and uncover the hidden treasures of Mountain Maid gold mine at Copeland Tops.
Tuesday 10 January and 18 April 2023. Thursday 6 July 2023, 10am to 12pm.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 5 years and over. We’ll walk 2km and there are some steep staircase sections.
Child $15 per person (5 to 16 years). All children must be accompanied by an adult. Maximum 1 adult per paid child. Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- Copeland Tops State Conservation Area carpark
- For large organised groups and school tours contact the NPWS Newcastle Discovery Coordinator on 02 4927 3267.
Join a Discovery Ranger to find out what plants and animals live here and how they survive in this magical park. Peek inside the Mountain Maid gold mine and discover some of the old machinery like a battery stamper, whirly-gig gold separator, air compressor and gold carts. You can even pan for gold.
Be amazed by the rainforest while you discover what our park rangers do to look after this beautiful park and its heritage.
It's going to be a busy morning, so remember to wear a hat, sunscreen and enclosed shoes, and bring along some insect repellent, drinking water and snacks. The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you're well-prepared for your visit.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Copeland Tops State Conservation Area in the North Coast region
Copeland Tops State Conservation Area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (58)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (19)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Environmental appreciation/study (1)
- Fishing (2)
- Geotourism (1)
- Historic heritage (7)
- Photography (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (14)
- Sightseeing (30)
- Walking (32)
- Waterfalls (9)
- WilderQuest tours (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (3)