Jenolan Caves guided tours
Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
All the practical information you need to know about Jenolan Caves guided tours.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Access to Jenolan on Jenolan Caves Road (5-Mile Road) is closed indefinitely. The only access is via Edith Road (2-Mile Road).
- Travel west on the M4, which becomes the Great Western Highway at the foot of the mountains.
- Pass through Katoomba and Blackheath and turn left onto Jenolan Caves Road at Hartley.
- Drive through Hampton and turn right onto Duckmaloi Road. Do not continue along Jenolan Caves Road, access is closed.
- Continue along Duckmaoi Road for 20km, then turn left onto Titania Road.
- At the end of Titania Road, turn left onto Edith Road and continue until you reach Jenolan.
- Take Taralga Road out of Goulburn and travel north towards Taralga.
- Pass through Taralga and continue north on Taralga Road towards Oberon. Taralga Road turns into Abercrombie Road at the Abercrombie River.
- At Black Springs, turn right and continue on Abercrombie Road.
- At Oberon, turn right onto O’Connell Road and then left onto Carrington Avenue.
- Turn right onto Ross Street, then turn left onto Edith Road and continue until you reach Jenolan.
- The last 5km of Edith Road is steep, narrow and winding, with several hairpin bends. Drive carefully and allow yourself plenty of time.
- Edith Road is not suitable for caravans, trailers or any vehicle longer than a 12-set minibus.
- Traffic in and out of Jenolan is regulated for safety. Please check Live Traffic NSW before you set out.
Park entry points
- Jenolan Caves See on map
Free parking available.
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - medium
- People using wheelchairs can request a wheelchair-accessible tour. Call 1300 76 33 11 for further information and to book.
- Also, there is a ramp at the entrance to Orient Cave, which leads up to the Binoomea Cut, a level, 122m man-made tunnel. This tunnel gives access into the first chamber of Orient Cave. Guides can provide a short tour focusing on the tunnel and the first chamber.