International student tour: Blue Mountains
Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
Immerse yourself in the majestic environment of Blue Mountains National Park, a special World Heritage-listed site on the doorstep of Sydney.
- Katoomba area in Blue Mountains National Park
- Time suggested
- Medium. From April to October, bring wet weather gear, a beanie, gloves and warm jacket.
Cost is based per ranger, with a maximum 20 students per ranger, Monday to Friday. Surcharges apply on weekends and public holidays. Teachers and escorts free.
- Meeting point
- Wentworth Falls picnic area or other location depending on tour
- What to
- Snacks, drinking water, clothes for all weather conditions, sunscreen, sturdy shoes, raincoat
- Bookings required. Phone (02) 4784 7300 or email Blue Mountains Discovery Coordinator.
- Available on request, 7 days per week. Minimum group booking 10 students. Maximum 100 people.
- Please note
Suitable for international study tour groups: high school and university students
Come on this 2hr guided walk, and see for yourself why this place was listed as a World Heritage site. We'll look at the geographical processes that formed these stunning landscapes over millions of years, and what shaped this diverse environment. Take in magnificent views as we travel through different ecosystems, including the iconic eucalyptus forests. Discover special connections between people and Country. Learn about the natural landscape, phenomenal biodiversity and threatened species in this World Heritage-listed area. Staged at several key areas in the Blue Mountains, you can choose your preferred location. Pick from either Wentworth Falls, the iconic Three Sisters at Katoomba, or another location of your choosing.
Wear sturdy enclosed shoes and practical walking clothes, and remember to bring a camera.
- in the Katoomba area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Katoomba area is always open but some locations may close at times due to maintenance, poor weather or fire danger.