Gun emplacements at West Head tour
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Gun emplacements at West Head tour.
Getting there and parking
West Head lookout is in the West Head precinct of Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. To get there, follow West Head Road or access the lookout from the Resolute picnic area, along the West Head lookout track (1.9km).
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at the West Head lookout carpark (around 20 spaces). It's a 50m walk from the carpark down to the lookout.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
688 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah, NSW 2079
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
402 Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2079
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre