Gun emplacements at West Head tour
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
If you’re up for a challenge join this 2km, 2hr guided walk in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. Find out about the historical significance of the gun emplacements at West Head.
Sunday 24 November 2019, 9am to 11am
- West Head army track, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children (12 years and over) with a reasonable fitness level. There are some steep sections where you’ll need to climb backwards down a sturdy ladder and back up again as you return.
Adult $15 per person. Child (12 years and over) $10 per person.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Meet at West Head lookout, Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, at 8.45am
- What to
- Hat, sturdy shoes, sunscreen, drinking water, snacks, insect repellent
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Join this 2km guided walk to see the gun emplacements at West Head in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park. We’ll start at West Head lookout and follow the West Head army track down to the gun emplacements. You’ll learn about the historic significance of the gun emplacements and reasons the guns were positioned at West Head. You’ll also hear about other defences in the Broken Bay area.
It's a good idea to wear enclosed shoes and bring a hat, sunscreen, insect protection, drinking water and a snack.
- NSW National Parks and Wildlife
- 1300 072 757
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass