Guided coastal hikes from Caves Beach
Wallarah National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Join CoastXP on a guided hike along the rugged coastline of Lake Macquarie in Wallarah National Park. Explore the Aboriginal culture, geology and plants and animals of this area with your expert guides.
Contact CoastXP for a tour schedule.
- Wallarah National Park in North Coast
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Guided coastal bushwalking requires a moderate level of fitness. The walk will take you across uneven terrain.
Contact CoastXP for pricing.
- Meeting point
- Hikes depart from Caves Beach lookout, above Caves Beach Surf Life Saving Club.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call CoastXP on 1300 852 682. Bookings available on request.
- Please note
- 8 years is the minimum age for this tour.
Take an 8.5km guided hike with CoastXP and discover the rich biodiversity, local geology and Aboriginal cultural heritage of Wallarah National Park.
Starting from Caves Beach lookout, you’ll make your way along the rugged coastline of Lake Macquarie on this 2.5 hour walk.
Your friendly guides will share their knowledge of the local wildlife and coastal history as you meander through spotted gum woodland, sand and rocky tracks. Make sure you have your camera handy to capture the sea caves and pristine coastal views you’ll encounter along the way.
At the end of the hike, once you worked up a thirst, you’ll be treated to a drink at Caves Coastal Bar and Bungalows. You’ll also be given complimentary high-quality digital images of your hike to share with friends and family.
CoastXP is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Wallarah National Park in the North Coast region
Wallarah National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.