Green Cape historical lighthouse tour
Green Cape area in Ben Boyd National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Uncover the history of Green Cape Lighthouse on this guided tour in Ben Boyd National Park, near Eden. Hear stories of disaster and survival and enjoy breathtaking views of the rugged coastline.
Thursday 22 September, 29 September and 6 October 2022, 10.30am to 12pm
- Green Cape Lighthouse, Green Cape area
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children 5 years and over. You'll need to climb 116 stairs to reach the top of the lighthouse. It’s a short easy walk to Green Cape lookout.
Adult (16 years and over) $20 per person. Child (5 to 15 years) $16 per person. Family (2 adults and 2 children) $60.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Green Cape Lightstation carpark.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Shorter 30-min tour (lighthouse only) available on request, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, 3pm. Adult $12 per person. Child $6 per person. Meet at the gate at the base of Green Cape Lighthouse. To book, email or phone 02 6495 5000.
First lit in 1883, Green Cape Lighthouse is the southernmost and second tallest lighthouse in NSW. Led by an NPWS guide, you'll discover the unique architecture and fascinating history of the lighthouse. Uncover what life was like for lighthouse keepers living in this remote stretch of coast with their families.
We'll walk to the lookout where you can see the local resident seals at play, before we continue towards the ship wreck cemetery.
Hear amazing stories of disaster and survival, like that of the passenger ship Ly-ee-Moon, mysteriously wrecked below the lighthouse in 1886. Climb the stairs of the lighthouse for panoramic views over Disaster Bay.
Keep an eye out for the resident fur seals, as well as sea eagles, gannets, albatross, dolphins and whales (seasonal).
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in the Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park in the South Coast region
The Green Cape area of Ben Boyd National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
$8 per vehicle per day in the Green Cape area of the park (south of Eden).Buy annual pass