Great North walk stage 2: Valley exploration
Lane Cove National Park
Take on part of the famous Great North walk. You'll be amazed by the landscape and glimpses of native wildlife on this stretch in Sydney's north.
Sunday 27 March 2022 and Wednesday 30 March 2022, 7.45am to 4pm. Meet at 7.30am.
- Lane Cove National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults only (15 years and over). Some bushwalking experience is recommended.
Adult (15 years and over) $25 per person. Concession (Student, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders) $20 per person.
- Meeting point
- Pacific Highway side of Roseville Station. Meet at 7.30am.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online.
Be a part of this 17km guided walk down a scenic path to Fullers Bridge.
Here are some highlights:
- We'll follow the upper Lane Cove River to Thornleigh Station through a scenic valley.
- Next we'll pass the dividing weir built near Fullers Bridge during the Great Depression. The weir was built to provide a more appealing picnic site. It serves as a timely reminder of how we can fundamentally alter the natural environment.
- We'll continue along a path of towering trees and stunning sandstone formations dominating the scenery.
- You'll see the remains of many large trees previously felled for timber.
- As we approach Thornleigh, the path heads sharply upwards through Conscript Pass. Here you'll see iconic graffiti dating back to the depression of the 1930s.
Bring at least 2 litres of drinking water, lunch and snacks. It's a good idea to wear enclosed shoes and bring a hat, rain gear, sunscreen, insect protection and emergency contact information. We'll be using public transport for one section, so don't forget your Opal card.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Lane Cove National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Lane Cove National Park is open 9am to 7pm during daylight savings (until 6pm at other times). The park may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day. The park has pay and display machines.
Bus: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Prior payment may be required, please phone the Lane Cove National Park Office for more information.
Under the National Parks and Wildlife Regulation 2009, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 30 or more people planning to visit the park. Contact the park office prior to your visit.Buy annual pass