Great North walk stage 10: Brisbane water dreaming
Brisbane Water National Park
With plenty of long climbs, the last section of the 2021 Great North walk is sure to get your heart racing. We'll cover 21km walking near Wisemans Ferry, in Brisbane Water National Park.
This tour has been cancelled to protect the health and safety of our visitors and staff.
- Great North walk - Brisbane Water National Park, Brisbane Water National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults only (15 years and over). This walk includes long climbs. Some bushwalking experience is recommended.
Adult (15 years and over) $25 per person. Concession (Student, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders) $20 per person.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- From Hornsby railway station: Meet at 7am at Platform 5 for 7.22am train to Gosford Railway Station. You’ll arrive at 8.12am. From Central Coast: Meet at Gosford railway station at 8.12am.
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Take on the last leg of the challenging Great North walk in 2019. Here are some highlights:
- The track takes us once again into the Hawkesbury River Valley on Mooney Mooney Creek
- We'll head under the impressive Pacific Motorway bridge across Mooney Mooney Creek
- Leaving the sounds and sites of the motorway behind, we'll follow the track along Mooney Mooney Creek gently upstream. We'll reach a massive rock platform above a waterfall, where we'll enjoy our last lunch.
- Finally, the track heads uphill past Gosford's original water supply dam and on to Somersby. With our walking journey completed, we'll catch the late bus back to Gosford.
Bring at least 2 litres of drinking water, lunch and snacks. It's a good idea to wear enclosed shoes and bring a hat, rain gear, sunscreen, insect protection and emergency contact information. We'll be using public transport for one section, so don't forget your Opal card.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas in Brisbane Water National Park close in the evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 7am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 7am to 6pm at other times
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass