Great North walk stage 10: Brisbane water dreaming
Brisbane Water National Park
With plenty of long climbs, the last section of the 2019 Great North walk is sure to get your heart racing. We'll cover 21km walking near Wisemans Ferry, in Brisbane Water National Park.
Sunday 24 November and Wednesday 27 November 2019, 7.15am to 3.45pm. Meet at 7am.
- Great North walk - Brisbane Water National Park, Brisbane Water National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Suitable for adults and children 12 years and over. All children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. This walk includes long climbs.
Adult $19 per person. Child $14 per person.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Meet at Hornsby railway station
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 or book online.
Take on the last leg of the challenging Great North walk in 2019. Here are some highlights:
- The track takes us once again into the Hawkesbury River Valley on Mooney Mooney Creek
- We'll head under the impressive Pacific Motorway bridge across Mooney Mooney Creek
- Leaving the sounds and sites of the motorway behind, we'll follow the track along Mooney Mooney Creek gently upstream. We'll reach a massive rock platform above a waterfall, where we'll enjoy our last lunch.
- Finally, the track heads uphill past Gosford's original water supply dam and on to Somersby. With our walking journey completed, we'll catch the late bus back to Gosford.
Remember to bring lunch, snacks, 2 litres of drinking water and your Opal card for train and bus travel.
- in Brisbane Water National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Two picnic areas within the park close of an evening:
- Girrakool picnic area is open 9am to 5pm every day
- Somersby Falls picnic area is open 8am to 8pm during daylight savings and is open 8am to 5pm at other times
Other areas of Brisbane Water National Park will be open at all times, however may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies at Girrakool and Somersby Falls picnic areas. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins.
You will need a permit to hold a wedding or undertake commercial photography within the park.Buy annual pass