Figure Eight Pools experience with Emu Trekkers
Royal National Park
Join award-winning Emu Trekkers to safely visit Figure Eight Pools in Royal National Park, near Sydney. You’ll experience stunning views, learn about local Aboriginal culture and sample an iconic trek, The Coast track.
Contact Emu Trekkers' website for tour times and dates.
- Figure Eight Pools, Royal National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Hard. Moderate to high level of fitness required. The hike involves 4-6 hours of exercise. You'll need to walk up and down steep tracks on uneven and slippery surfaces, and do rock hopping over two headlands.
Contact Emu Trekkers' website for pricing.
- Entry fees
Tour price include park entry fee.
- Bookings required. Book online or email Emu Trekkers.
- Please note
- Figure Eight Pools is located on a dangerous rock shelf in Sydney's Royal National Park. Visit with a licensed tour operator or plan your trip carefully using the wave risk forecast.
- Your Emu Trekkers guides will ensure it's safe to visit Figure Eight Pools. If your tour cannot go ahead, you may select an alternative Emu Trekkers activity, reschedule your visit for another day, or receive a full refund.
These small group day tours with not-for-profit Emu Trekkers are a great way to make sure your visit to Figure Eight Pools is both safe and enjoyable.
Start by hiking part of The Coast track with like-minded adventurers. You’ll soak up fabulous views of turquoise ocean, emerald bushland and golden sand as your passionate Emu Trekker guides share their knowledge about local flora and fauna. Be sure to keep an eye out for wallabies and echidnas, and even whales during migration season.
A major highlight of each tour is a side trip to the ocean-side rock shelf where you can immerse yourself in the unique beauty of Figure Eight Pools. But there’s so much more to enjoy. You’ll visit beautiful Garie Beach, see an ancient Aboriginal shell midden, and even participate in a citizen science beach photography project.
It's a great way to meet new friends and make memories to last a lifetime. And because Emu Trekker guides volunteer their time, the money raised from your fabulous day out will help the Indigenous Literacy Foundation and UNICEF Australia.
Emu Trekkers is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Royal National Park in the Sydney and surrounds and South Coast regions
Royal National Park is open 7am to 8.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. Seasonal ticket booths at Wattamolla and Garie Beach - cash and credit card facilities available. Please bring correct change. There's also coin and card operated pay and display machines to buy day passes.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass