Explore Resolute Beach
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Explore the beauty of West Head in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park on this 8km guided walk. Discover secluded beaches, Aboriginal rock art and stunning water views.
- Sunday 19 March 2023, 9am to 1pm.
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 15 years and over. A good level of fitness is required. The walk includes some steep sections.
- Adult $15 per person. Child (15 – 17 years) $10 per person. Concession (Student, Australian pension, Veterans Affairs and Seniors card holders) $10 per person. Family (2 adults, 2 children) $40.
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Resolute picnic area
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
This guided walking tour provides the perfect opportunity to explore the highlights of West Head. You’ll meet your experienced volunteer guide at Resolute picnic area. Not long after you set off you’ll be rewarded with sweeping views across Pittwater and Broken Bay. See if you can spot Barrenjoey Lighthouse, Lion Island and the Central Coast in the distance.
Continue on through beautiful bushland to the secluded West Head and Resolute Beaches, usually only visited by boat. Keep an eye out for the wonderful native wildflowers that grow in the area.
Along the way you’ll also encounter historic rock engravings and art of the traditional owners of the land. The Red Hands Cave is one of the best-known sites in the park. You’ll also see impressive rock engravings and an enormous rock shelter thought to be the site for an encounter between Aboriginal people and Governor Arthur Phillip in 1788.
It’s a good idea to wear comfortable, enclosed shoes and all-weather clothing. Don’t forget to bring a hat, sunscreen, at least 1 litre of drinking water and snacks for the day.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day. You can also pay for your visit via the Park’nPay app.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).
A $3 per adult, $2 per child landing fee may apply for day visitors to The Basin campground. Please pay at the campground wharf. Landing fees are included in your camping fees.
Under the Plan of Management for this park, prior written approval is required for organised groups of 20 or more people planning to visit this park. Contact the park office before your visit.Buy annual pass