Explore the paddle weed
Explore the pristine coastline at Spencer Park, Merimbula Lake these school holidays. Walk among the paddle weed and keep your eyes peeled for hidden creatures.
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for children aged 5 to 12 years.
Minimum $250 per group (8 participants minimum). Accompanying adults free.
- Meeting point
- Near the playground at Spencer Park, Merimbula.
- What to
- Sunscreen, hat, drinking water
- For group bookings, email or phone 02 6495 5000 or 0448 765 381.
- Group bookings available on request, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Earliest start 10am, latest finish 3pm.
Do you love searching for hidden animals? Join a NPWS guide these school holidays and go on an adventure across the intertidal zone at Merimbula Lake.
We’ll walk 1km across the sandy shore and among the paddle weed. Look out for sea creatures like moon snails, sea hares, bubble shells and sand living fish. On this short tour, you’ll find out why these creatures live here and what they eat. Your experienced guide has expert local knowledge and can answer any other questions you might have.
Be prepared to get your feet wet on this fun exploratory tour. Please wear enclosed footwear that can get sandy and wet, and don’t forget your sense of adventure. It's a good idea to bring drinking water, snacks, a hat and sunscreen.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/guided-tours/explore-paddle-weed/local-alerts
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
All the practical information you need to know about Explore the paddle weed.
Getting there and parking
From Merimbula Visitor Information Centre:
- Turn left onto Market street and then turn right onto Main Street.
- Drive for 800 metres and turn right into Spencer Park carpark.
Free parking is available at Spencer Park carpark.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access