Discover geology at Yarrangobilly Caves
Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
Every rock tells a story! Come and experience Yarrangobilly Caves on a special guided tour through geological time. This is a fun tour for all the family.
- Yarrangobilly area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for all ages. Moderate level of fitness required.
Adult $37 per person. Concession/child $28 per person. Family $96 for 2 adults and up to 2 school-age children.
- Entry fees
Park entry fees apply for vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
- Meeting point
- Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre
- Bookings required. Phone Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre on 02 6454 9597 to book. Full payment required at time of booking. Collect your tickets from the Visitor Centre at least 30 minutes before the tour begins. No refund possible – spaces on this tour are very limited (maximum 25 people, minimum 10).
- Available during school holidays and on request.
Chat to a geologist, participate in hands-on experiments and learn some tricks of the trade for identifying rocks. Examine fossils of long-extinct plants and animals.
Bring along a geological photo or a rock specimen and discover its story. Learn to read the rocks and recognise fossils of long-gone animals. Find out what kind of environment these animals lived in and what they looked like when they were alive. Discover how the landscape at Yarrangobilly has changed rapidly in fairly recent times and why former river beds now sit on top of our hills.
See what the word 'karst' (the name of a landscape formed on limestone) refers to, and look at some of its many different surface expressions. The region also has a rich mining history – find out why.
Then apply your new skills on a special guided tour through spectacular North Glory Cave. It's all written in the rocks. This is time travel with a twist!
- in the Yarrangobilly area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
The Yarrangobilly area is open all year. See individual show caves and guided tours for times and prices. Additional tours run during NSW school holidays. Contact Yarrangobilly Caves on (02) 6454 9597 to confirm the tour times for your visit.
Park entry fees apply in the Yarrangobilly area
$4 per vehicle per day applies at Yarrangobilly Caves for motor vehicles without a Kosciuszko National Park day pass or NPWS All Parks annual pass.
You’ll need to buy a ticket or cave pass from the Yarrangobilly Caves Visitor Centre to visit all Yarrangobilly’s caves.Buy annual pass