Big Rocky to Samurai wetlands adventure walk
Tomaree National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Journey through changing landscapes on this 3hr walk with Tomaree Coastal Adventures near Port Stephens. Your guides will lead you through sand dunes, forest and shoreline in Tomaree National Park.
Contact Tomaree Coastal Adventures for tour schedule.
- Tomaree National Park in North Coast
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. You'll walk across undulating tracks, sandy beaches, rocky beaches and sand dunes. Basic to moderate level of fitness required.
Contact Tomaree Coastal Adventures for pricing.
- Bookings required. Book online or email or call Tomaree Coastal Adventures on 0477 063 646.
- Please note
- This walk is 6–8km long. It can be made easier or harder depending on the group.
- Minimum age: 10 years
Start at Big Rocky trail and weave your way through dunes and Melaleuca swamp forest on this 3hr guided walk with Tomaree Coastal Adventures.
After you emerge from the forest at Big Rocky, your guide will lead you along Tomaree Coastal trail to Little Rocky. Stop for morning tea and take a well-deserved break as you soak up spectacular coastal views. Keep a keen eye out for whales frolicking in the waves if you enjoy this walk during whale-watching season.
When you're ready, continue your adventure along the rocky shoreline back towards Samurai Beach before cutting through to the top of the sand dunes. Have your camera ready when you're rewarded with stunning views of the ocean and the impressive Samurai wetlands.
End your journey with a fun slide back down the dunes onto a quiet forest trail to complete the loop walk.
Tomaree Coastal Adventures is a licensed commercial tour operator with a Parks Eco Pass.
- in Tomaree National Park in the North Coast region
Tomaree National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (46)
- 4WD touring (2)
- Aboriginal culture (5)
- Adventure sports (3)
- Beach (7)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (20)
- Canoeing/paddling (8)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Cycling (2)
- Fishing (11)
- Historic heritage (12)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (9)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (2)
- Sightseeing (12)
- Snorkelling and scuba (2)
- Surfing (4)
- Swimming (12)
- Walking (13)