Aboriginal roving ranger at Dorrigo Rainforest
Dorrigo National Park
Find out more about Dorrigo National Park from an Aboriginal roving ranger. Discover how the Gumbaynggirr People found resources in the rainforest.
Tuesday 17 December and Tuesday 24 December 2019, 10am to 12pm and 1pm and 3pm.
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, Dorrigo National Park
- Easy. Suitable for all ages.
- Meeting point
- Along the track between Dorrigo Rainforest Centre and The Glade picnic area.
- Bookings not required. This activity may be cancelled without notice due to poor weather.
These school holidays, meet up with Uncle Mark Flanders, Gumbaynggirr Elder and Aboriginal roving ranger. He'll be along the track between Dorrigo Rainforest Centre and The Glade picnic area. Uncle Mark has always got time to share a story. Discover how the Gumbaynggirr People found resources for food, medicine and shelter in the rainforest in a very sustainable way. You might even get to hear some Dreamtime stories.
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.