7-day Snowy Mountains and Mount Kosciuszko walk
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Cross Kosciuszko National Park on a 7-day, self-guided walk with Auswalk. Absorb the sights of the Snowy Mountains, including Thredbo Valley, Charlotte Pass and the summit of Mount Kosciuszko.
Tours run from December to April. Contact Auswalk for dates.
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. You'll walk an average of 14km each day. All tracks are well-marked but the alpine terrain is at times undulating and rough. There are some steep uphill and downhill sections. Contact Auswalk for details.
Contact Auswalk for pricing
- Bookings required. Book online or visit the Auswalk website for more information.
This self-guided, multi-day walk focuses on the highlights of Kosciuszko National Park. The itinerary will see you make your way from Wragges Creek to Thredbo. You'll witness breathtaking views with every step on this pack-free adventure.
Throughout the journey, you'll walk alongside rivers and undulating valleys, traversing a mix of mountain passes. See the famous Snowy River, Perisher Valley, Blue Lake, Mount Kosciuszko and Thredbo Valley, along with many more stunning sights. Expect some spectacular views and meadows carpeted in wildflowers.
This is a fully supported experience, with all accommodations luggage and track transfers included. Most meals will be arranged, with cooked breakfasts, ample hiker's lunches and 2-course dinners. You'll average around 14km of walking each day, but luckily you'll get to relax in ensuite accommodation each night.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy annual pass