Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site
Join an experienced local guide on a tour of the historic Davidson Whaling Station. Learn about the area’s legendary killer whales and how they helped whaling operations.
- Davidson Whaling Station, Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site
- No wheelchair access
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children 6 years and over. There are a few steps down to the beach from the historic site.
- Minimum $360 per group (8 participants minimum).
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Davidson Whaling Station car park.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Bookings required. Email or phone 02 6495 5000 or 0448 765 381.
- Available on request. Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Earliest start 10am, latest finish 3pm.
Discover the fascinating whaling history of the Eden area on a guided tour of Davidson Whaling Station historic site. Located at Kiah Inlet on the shores of Twofold Bay, just a short drive from Ben Boyd National Park, you’ll be transported back to the mid-1800s as you walk around the cottage and museum where the Davidson family once lived.
Hear about the whaling history of Twofold Bay, its legendary killer whales and their contribution to shore-based whaling. Experience the lives of early settlers and enjoy a walk through this special place.
Please bring a water bottle and hat. It’s a good idea to wear sunscreen and bring a jumper in case of cool weather. Tea and coffee provided as a light refreshment.
For the latest updates on fires, closures and other alerts in this area, see https://www.nationalparks.nsw.gov.au/things-to-do/guided-tours/19th-century-whaling/local-alerts
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
All the practical information you need to know about 19th-century whaling.
Getting there and parking
Davidson Whaling Station Historic Site is approximately 10 minutes' drive south from Ben Boyd National Park.
To get there:
- Travel south from Eden on the Princes Highway for 18km
- Turn off at Edrom Road and drive for 11km
- Turn left into Boyd Road
- Drive for 4km to the station’s carpark
- Unsealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- Dry weather only
Parking available at Davidson Whaling Station car park.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access