Traditional weaving workshop: Minnamurra
Budderoo National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
These school holidays, join this weaving workshop at Minnamurra Rainforest. It's a great introduction to Aboriginal culture. You'll have the privilege of being taught by a senior Aboriginal NPWS guide.
Wednesday 12 April 2023, 10.30am to 12.30pm
- No wheelchair access
- Medium. Suitable for adults and children 10 years and older
Adult/child $25 per person
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Meeting point
- Minnamurra Rainforest Centre
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing, drinking water, snacks
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
Visit Budderoo National Park and learn how to weave with grasses, reeds and natural materials. After you’ve honed your skills, you’ll have the opportunity to weave your own souvenir to take home with you.
As you explore your creative side, your guide will share how Aboriginal women weave baskets, carry bags and other items for daily use. You’ll discover how these ancient skills and practices carry a strong cultural connection for local Aboriginal women.
All material will be supplied on the day.
Wear enclosed shoes, older clothing as things can sometimes get messy, hat and sun cream. Bring drinking water and a snack.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Budderoo National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Budderoo National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger. The park gates at Minnamurra Rainforest Centre open at 9am and close at 5pm every day.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day only in the Minnamurra Rainforest area. Bus or taxi: $4.40 per adult and $2.20 per child.Buy annual pass
Things to do (28)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (11)
- Cafes and kiosks (2)
- Cycling (2)
- Picnics and barbecues (5)
- Road trips and car/bus tours (2)
- Sightseeing (16)
- Visitor centres (3)
- Walking (15)
- Waterfalls (11)
- Waterhole (1)
- Wildflowers (seasonal) (4)