Traditional weaving workshop: Mimosa Rocks
Mimosa Rocks National Park
COVID-safe tours and events
In line with the latest NSW Government COVID-19 advice, masks are encouraged for indoor settings where you cannot maintain a safe distance from others.
Get creative on a traditional weaving workshop in Mimosa Rocks National Park, near Bermagui. Learn Aboriginal weaving techniques and see how these ancient skills carry a strong connection to Aboriginal culture.
Dates: Friday 21 April, Thursday 28 September 2023
Time: 2pm to 4pm
- Aragunnu campground
- Easy. Suitable for adults and children 10 years and over.
Adult/child $25 per person.
- Meeting point
- Aragunnu picnic area.
- Yes. All weaving materials are supplied.
- What to
- Hat, sunscreen, drinking water, snacks
- Bookings required. Phone 1300 072 757 for more information or book online.
- Group bookings available on request, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays). Earliest start 10am, latest finish 3pm. Minimum $360 per group (8 participants minimum). For group bookings, email or phone 02 6495 5000 or 0448 765 381.
Join a senior Aboriginal NPWS guide at a traditional weaving workshop at Aragunnu campground in Mimosa Rocks National Park.
Learn how to weave with grasses, reeds and natural materials. After you’ve honed your skills, you’ll have the opportunity to weave your own souvenir to take home with you.
As you explore your creative side, your guide will share how Aboriginal women weave baskets, carry bags and other items for daily use. You’ll discover how these ancient skills and practices carry a strong cultural connection for local Aboriginal women.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service
- in Mimosa Rocks National Park in the South Coast region
Mimosa Rocks National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Things to do (20)
- Aboriginal culture (3)
- Beach (1)
- Birdwatching and wildlife encounters (7)
- Canoeing/paddling (2)
- Cultural heritage (1)
- Environmental appreciation/study (4)
- Fishing (5)
- Historic heritage (1)
- Photography (1)
- Picnics and barbecues (6)
- Sailing, boating and cruises (1)
- Sightseeing (6)
- Surfing (2)
- Swimming (4)
- Walking (6)
- Waterfalls (1)