Perisher snow side clean-up
Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
Come along to help keep our beautiful Snowy Mountains clean. We’ve got a clean-up day at Perisher with a free morning tea, cake and barbecue lunch. It’s our backyard and playground, let’s keep it clean!
Saturday 28 September 2019, 10am to 1pm
- Thredbo-Perisher area in Kosciuszko National Park
- Easy. Suitable for all ages, some level of fitness required. You'll be walking around collecting litter using pick-up sticks in areas where there's been recent snow melt.
- Entry fees
No park entry fee for volunteers on the day.
- Meeting point
- Meet at NPWS Perisher Valley office, 9914 Kosciuszko Road, Perisher Valley
- What to
- Sturdy shoes, drinking water, snacks, sunscreen, clothes for all weather conditions
- Pre-registration required, click on the 'Book now' button. For further information and inquiries email the NPWS Volunteer team.
Ski resorts are part of our backyard, and our playgrounds. They support fragile and unique ecosystems and threatened species. They provide clean water for us, the environment and farmers across south eastern Australia.
Spend the day at the snow and help clean up the Perisher area. When the snow melts, rubbish dropped during the ski season becomes exposed. Litter is a major threat to the ecosystems around the Perisher ski resort, because of its high number of visitors and the strong winds there. It’s important collect this litter before it blows into creeks and vegetation.
At the 2018 clean up, volunteers collected 400kg of general waste, plus 25kg for recycling.
As well as feeling great about helping this beautiful environment, you’ll also be rewarded with free cake, morning tea and a barbecue at the end.
- in the Thredbo-Perisher area of Kosciuszko National Park in the Snowy Mountains region
- The Thredbo-Perisher area is open all year, but some roads and trails may close due to weather conditions or park management issues. Kosciuszko Road is closed between Perisher and Charlotte Pass in winter (June to October long weekends).
Park entry fees apply on Alpine Way and Kosciuszko Road
Winter (June to October long weekends): $29 per vehicle per day (24hrs from purchase); motorcycles $12; bus passengers $11.45 per adult, $3.60 per child per day. Find out more about the winter entry surcharge.
Rest of Year: $17 per vehicle per day (24hrs); motorcycles $7; bus passengers $6.60 per adult, $2.20 per child per day.
Passes: Day passes, multi-day passes and annual All Parks Pass available from NPWS visitor centres, local agents and operating vehicle entry stations. Read our Annual Pass FAQs for information. Short Breaks Pass: $68 for 5 days park entry at price of 4 days (not valid winter). Eligible pensioners can apply for a complementary NPWS concession pass, to get free park entry. Download the exemption form (154KB doc).Buy a pass