NYE Shark Island
Sydney Harbour National Park
BOOKED OUT. Celebrate New Year’s Eve on Shark Island – it's a great way to see in 2024. Enjoy the dazzling fireworks from this prime location.
Sunday 31 December 2023. Ferries leave at 6.15pm and 7pm.
- No wheelchair access
- BOOKED OUT.
- Meeting point
- Meet with your ticket in Lyne Park (New South Head Road, Rose Bay), next to Rose Bay ferry wharf, at least 30 minutes before your ferry departs.
- What to
- Clothes for all weather conditions, raincoat, sunscreen
- Please note
- This is a licensed event. There'll be a food outlet and card facilities will be available at the bar.
- You can bring your own food and non-alcoholic drinks.
- There's no BYO alcohol, and bag searches will be conducted before you board the ferry.
- There are limits to what you can bring to Shark Island, because of the ferry's restricted carrying capacity. You can bring hand luggage that you can carry on your lap on the trip to the island.
- This is an all-weather event.
- Ferries depart Shark Island at 9.20pm (after the 9pm fireworks), and after the event at 12.30am and 1.15am on Monday 1 January 2024.
- For general questions about this event, phone NSW National Parks on 1300 072 757.
BOOKED OUT. Soak up the summer island atmosphere on Shark Island, just 1km from the mouth of Rose Bay. It's a lovely space to take in Sydney's midnight fireworks with your nearest and dearest. There’ll be food available to buy and you’re also welcome to bring your own picnic.
You'll have one of the most amazing views in Sydney Harbour National Park.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- NSW National Parks & Wildlife Service