Junior Rangers: Cultural appreciation
Blackheath area in Blue Mountains National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Junior Rangers: Cultural appreciation.
Getting there and parking
Blue Mountains Heritage Centre is in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park.
To get there from Sydney:
- Turn right off Great Western Highway, at Blackheath traffic lights, into Govetts Leap Road.
- Drive for 2.5km. After passing through the park entrance, take the second exit from the roundabout.
Parking is available at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre, including several designated disabled spots. Bus parking is available. Coach parking is available for groups.
By public transport
The visitor centre is around 3km from Blackheath train station. It's a 30min walk via Govetts Leap Road or take bus 698 to the visitor centre. Visit transportnsw.info for timetables.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - easy
This activity runs at Blue Mountains Heritage Centre:
- This area is fully wheelchair-accessible
- There’s a ramp from the carpark to the centre
- The centre’s toilets have been specially designed for wheelchair access
- in the Blackheath area of Blue Mountains National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Blackheath area is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.