Head to the stars: Barrenjoey
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Head to the stars: Barrenjoey.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
From the Wakehurst Parkway, turn left on to Pittwater Road. Continue along Pittwater Road until you reach Barrenjoey Road. Continue on Barrenjoey Road for 7km then turn right onto Beach Road and follow to the end, turning left at Governor Phillip Park. Follow until you reach the end.
Park entry points
- Bobbin Head Road access See on map
- Ku-Ring-Gai Chase Road access See on map
- McCarrs Creek Rd access See on map
Parking is available along Barrenjoey Road or at Governor Phillip carpark (Pittwater Council). Please note that this is paid parking.
Maps and downloads
Disability access level - no wheelchair access
- in Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park is open sunrise to sunset but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- The entrance to Bobbin Head and Appletree Bay is closed from 8pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 5.30pm to 6am the rest of the year.
- Gates to West Head are closed from 8.30pm to 6am during daylight savings periods, and from 6pm to 6am the rest of the year.
Park entry fees:
$12 per vehicle per day.
Vehicles over 8 seats: $4.40 per adult, $2.20 per child (per day). Students on educational programs: $1.10 per student. Teachers/educational supervisors: free (1 adult per 10 students).Buy annual pass
Bobbin Head Information Centre
Bobbin Head, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- 10am to 4pm daily. 9am to 4pm during summer school holidays, closed 12pm-12:30pm. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 8949
Kalkari Discovery Centre
Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Chase Road, Mount Colah NSW 2080
- 9am to 5pm daily. 9am to 4pm daily in June and July. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 9472 9300
- 02 9472 9301
- Kalkari Discovery Centre