Go green at Ed Park
Edmondson Regional Park
Celebrate Threatened Species Day with NSW National Parks and the Saving our Species team at Edmondson Regional Park, near Liverpool. Take part in our first community bushcare day at Ed Park.
Saturday 7 September 2019, 9am to 12pm
- Edmondson Regional Park
- Easy. Suitable for all ages. The bird walks and bush walks are about 2km.
- Meeting point
- Park entrance gate, Zouch Road, Denham Court
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, lunch, sturdy shoes, snacks, sunscreen, gardening gloves
- To register for bird walks and bush walks email or call 0472 820 010.
The celebrations include:
- Aboriginal Welcome to Country and smoking ceremony. Edmondson Regional Park is significant to Aboriginal people, who continue to have a strong association with the land and its natural features like Cabramatta and Maxwells creeks.
- Liverpool City Council speakers talking about native gardens and giving away native plants
- Planting plenty of native trees and shrubs, as part of our very first Bushcare day at Ed Park
- Local RFS volunteers will be on hand to answer questions about their work
- Native birds and animals, and a spectacular free flight bird performance
- Bird walks and bush walks guided by engaging ecologists