Biodiversity Day at Blue Gum Hills
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
Be part of this fantastic free community event at Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in Minmi. There's something for everyone, from going on a nature walk to meeting some amazing local wildlife.
Thursday 3 October 2019, 10am to 2pm
- Blue Gum Hills Regional Park
- Easy. Suitable for all ages.
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, sturdy shoes
- Bookings not required. For more information email Discovery Newcastle or call 02 4946 4100.
Bring the family along to this fun day:
- Visit stalls run by NSW National Parks, Saving our Species, Local Lands Services, Hunter Water, and many more
- Bring a picnic and share in a free sausage sizzle
- Listen to the Welcome to Country and enjoy a performance by an Aboriginal dance group
- Interact with native animals at the Australian Reptile Park animal talks
- Take home a free native plant
- Go on a nature walk or culture walk
- Learn about volunteering in nature and biodiversity
- Enjoy free entertainment, activities and crafts
Remember to bring along a picnic and a picnic blanket or fold-up chair.
- in Blue Gum Hills Regional Park in the North Coast region
Blue Gum Hills Regional Park is open 7.30am to 8pm during daylight savings (7.30am to 5pm at other times), but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.