Waterfall Way scenic drive
Dorrigo National Park
The 185km Waterfall Way scenic drive links Coffs harbour and Armidale, passing rainforest, river valleys and waterfalls, including New England and Dorrigo national parks.
- Dorrigo National Park
- 185km one-way
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min
- Entry fees
- Park entry fees apply
- Please note
- Some national parks along Waterfall Way scenic drive have been damaged by bushfires in 2019. They will reopen when it is safe for visitors.
- There may be no mobile reception at different areas along this drive.
You could cover Waterfall Way scenic drive in about 2.5 hours, but with so many amazing stops along the way, it could take you all day. Starting at Coffs Harbour, the scenic drive traverses 5 national parks and winds through lush rainforest, waterfalls, open woodlands and farmland as you approach Armidale.
The road winds steeply through the lush rainforest of Dorrigo National Park to a height of 750m at Dorrigo Mountain. Wollomombi Gorge and Falls picnic area, near Armidale, has one of the state’s highest drops and should not be missed.
Subscribe to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with the latest information, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
- National Parks Contact Centre
- 7am to 7pm daily
- 1300 072 757 (13000 PARKS) for the cost of a local call within Australia excluding mobiles
- Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
- 9am to 4.30pm daily. Closed Christmas Day.
- 02 6657 5913
- 142 Dome Road Dorrigo Mountain NSW 2453
- in Dorrigo National Park in the North Coast region
Dorrigo National Park is open daily (except Christmas Day) 9am to 4.30pm but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.