Stage 2 (Years 3-4), Science and Technology, Dorrigo National Park
Info for teachers
Everything you need to know about WilderQuest WildTracker.
- Explore our natural environment along a bush track to find out what amazing plants and animals live within the park.
- Carry out investigations to find some of the invertebrates living in the undergrowth by searching for and examining invertebrates among the trees.
- Discover the relationship between plants and animals through investigations and identify evidence of life cycles.
What to bring
It’s a good idea to wear long pants, closed comfortable shoes and bring a hat and sunscreen. Be ready for all weather conditions with a jumper and raincoat. And remember to bring food, water, first aid kit and any necessary medications.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
Dorrigo Rainforest Centre is in the western precinct of Dorrigo National Park.
To get there from Armidale:
- Drive east along the Waterfall Way for approximately 90 minutes
- Turn left into Dome Road approximately 2km after you pass through Dorrigo
To get there from Coffs Harbour:
- Travel south along the Pacific Highway
- After crossing Bellinger River, take the Waterfall Way exit to Dorrigo via Bellingen
- Turn right at Dome Road and continue for approximately 1.6km to the Dorrigo Rainforest Centre
Park entry points
- Dome Road See on map
- Sealed roads
- 2WD vehicles
- All weather
Parking is available at Dorrigo Rainforest Centre, including bus parking and several designated disabled spots.
Maps and downloads
Our rangers and guides have the technical skill and experience to assess the risks and the benefits of a variety of activities delivered as part of our learning programs.
We believe in including opportunities that allow students to learn and experience for themselves through exploration in the natural environment.
Please make your own risk assessment based on the information provided. Detailed potential risks and controls are provided for the site to assist teachers in risk management planning. Teachers and carers should be aware of, and consider the needs, abilities and medical conditions of students when visiting this site. The supervision of students remains the responsibility of the teacher. The school must ensure an adequate number of adult supervisors are present.
Disability access level - medium
Assistance may be required to access this area. The path has a wheelchair option if required. Please let us know in advance if you are bringing someone with special needs so that we can plan accordingly.