School excursionSpecial Offer
Stage 1 (Years 1-2), Science and Technology, Sherwood Nature Reserve
Come on a WilderQuest WildThings excursion for Stage 1 (Years 1-2) students focusing on science and technology. We’ll investigate the living world in the rainforest reserve beside the Woolgoolga Creek picnic area, home to towering flooded gums and blue quandongs.
Read more about WilderQuest WildThings
We’ll use our senses to explore and find places where animals live and have everything they need to survive. We’ll work scientifically to investigate bugs and learn about animal habitats.
Students will immerse themselves in the natural environment through nature play and discovery to enrich their understanding of the diversity and relationships that thrive within our protected areas.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 1 (Years 1-2)|
|Key learning area||Science and Technology|
- Weekdays during school terms.
- Guided. Available on request.
- Woolgoolga Creek picnic area, Sherwood Nature Reserve
- Easy. Guided activities on a grassed area, along an unsealed track and amongst the leaf litter and gravel creek bed. There are some shallow creek crossings.
$225 per group up to 20 students. For groups over 20 conditions apply.
- Meeting point
- Carpark at Woolgoolga Creek picnic area
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.