School excursionSpecial Offer
Meeting of cultures
Stage 2 (Years 3-4), HSIE, Kurnell area
Meeting of cultures is a Stage 2 (Years 3-4) school excursion in Kamay Botany Bay National Park, focusing on HSIE. You'll explore the area near Kurnell, where in 1770 local Aboriginal people encountered the crew of the British ship, the Endeavour.
Read more about Meeting of cultures
Walk along Burrawang walking track with Aboriginal rangers to hear the story of the first meeting and get a sense of the strong Aboriginal connection to Country. Visit several of the area's historic sites including the freshwater stream and Cook's landing place.
For program outline, safety and practical information about this excursion, see info for teachers
|Stage||Stage 2 (Years 3-4)|
|Key learning area||HSIE|
HT2-2. Describes and explains how significant individuals, groups and events contributed to changes in the local community over time
HT2-3. Describes people, events and actions related to world exploration and its effects
HT2-4. Describes and explains effects of British colonisation in Australia
Week days during school term
- Kurnell Visitor Centre, Kurnell area
- Easy. Guided walk along a sloped unpaved track incorporating a sound scape and a walk along a concrete path. Bush walks along the other flat trails are a combination of board walk and dirt track.
Minimum $475 for up to 25 students, $19 per student (includes GST).
- Meeting point
- Meet at Kurnell Visitors Centre, Kamay Botany Bay National Park
- If you would like to organise a NPWS school excursion please get in touch with local staff or use the 'Enquire' link for the online form.
- School excursion inquiries - Sydney South
- 02 9542 0649
- PO Box 144, Audley NSW 2232
- in the Kurnell area of Kamay Botany Bay National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
7am–7.30pm August to May. 7am–5.30pm June to July.
Areas may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
Park entry fees:
$8 per vehicle per day applies in the Kurnell area only. The park has coin-operated pay and display machines - please bring correct coins. The park also has credit card accepting payment facilities.Buy an annual pass.
- Kurnell Visitor Centre
02 9668 2010
Contact hours: Monday to Friday, 10am to 3.30pm. Saturday, Sunday and public holidays, 9.30am to 4pm. Closed Christmas holiday.
- 21 Cape Solander Drive, Kurnell NSW 2231
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kurnell Visitor Centre