WilderQuest Aboriginal Campfire
Join Aboriginal NPWS rangers as they share their culture and connection to Country in 360 Aboriginal Campfire videos. View their stories about 6 NSW national parks onscreen or as virtual reality.
Read more about WilderQuest Aboriginal Campfire
The 360 degree videos in Aboriginal Campfire are part of the WilderQuest Learning Campfire program. Teachers who want to explore more about Aboriginal culture in the classroom can:
- Show the videos onscreen or as incredible virtual reality experiences for students
- Draw on the accompanying student learning resources.
How WilderQuest Aboriginal Campfire supports learning
- It’s for Geography, History, English and the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures cross-curriculum priority.
- Rich learning experiences help students recognise and understand the concepts of Country, People, Culture and Identity. This includes Aboriginal Peoples’ connection to Country, traditional ways of living and the Dreaming.
- It includes 3 lesson sequences plus an assessment and student reflection.
Sign up to access the WilderQuest Aboriginal Campfire resources.
Experience Aboriginal Campfire 360 videos
- On this virtual reality journey, students climb inside the branches of a giant strangler fig at Dorrigo National Park. They cruise gentle waters in a traditional bark canoe in Sydney Harbour National Park. They even scale rushing waterfalls in Blue Mountains National Park.
- Aboriginal NPWS Discovery rangers share their culture, knowledge and connection to Country as they guide students through their VR journey.
Check out the WilderQuest Aboriginal Campfire 360 videos.
Aboriginal Campfire excursions
- Come on a school excursion with NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service. Led by expert Aboriginal guides, students share in the culture and heritage of NSW.
- NPWS excursions are designed to meet NSW school curriculum outcomes. They provide a valuable educational experience for students of all ages.