Applies from Mon 12 Jun 2017, 11.28am. Last reviewed: Mon 21 May 2018, 4.34pm.
Safety alerts: Malabar Headland Rifle Range operation schedule
1. For public safety, the eastern section of Malabar Headland National Park is closed during ANZAC Rifle Range operations.
These closures may occur with little or no notice.
Always check Park Alerts before you enter the park.
2. Do not enter the eastern section of the park (including Boora Point walking track) when:
- Red flags are flying above the range
- There are warning signs at the park's entry points (South Maroubra Beach and Fishermans Road carpark)
- Park entry gates are closed.
3. When is the eastern section of the park closed?
- Every Saturday
- Every 1st Sunday of the month (starting Sunday 1 July 2018)
- Every 3rd Sunday of the month
- All day Wednesday 13 June 2018
These closures apply to the eastern section of the park only, including Boora Point walking track.
They do not apply to the western section of the park, including Western Escarpment walking track.
The range operation schedule is provided by the NSW Rifle Association (the range authority).
To contact the ANZAC Rifle Range, call (02) 9661 4532.
To contact the NPWS area office, email the Environment line or call (02) 9337 5511.
Visit the NSW National Parks safety page for park safety guidelines.
Affects 1 location in this park: