Broadwater National Park
All the practical information you need to know about Broadwater National Park.
Getting there and parking
Get driving directions
- Follow Pacific Highway south
- Turn left onto Macdonald Street where there will be signs for Evans Head
- Continue onto Evans Head-Broadwater Road
- Park entrance is on the left
Park entry points
- Broadwater National Park access See on map
- Broadwater Beach picnic area See on map
Check out the Bicycle information for NSW website for more information.
By public transport
Evans Head is accessible by bus from Ballina. For information about public transport options, visit NSW country transport info website.
Best times to visit
There are lots of great things waiting for you in Broadwater National Park. Here are some of the highlights.
Enjoy a beach walk in the milder weather, birdwatching as you go.
Wildflowers at this time of year will just about knock your walking socks off with their vivid and varied colours This is the peak season for seeing migrating whales swimming closer to shore with their new calves .
When the weather's hot, the best thing to do is go swimming or have a surf.
This is the peak season for northern migration of whales.
Weather, temperature and rainfall
19.1°C and 27°C
10.4°C and 19.2°C
The area’s highest recorded rainfall in one day
Maps and downloads
- in the North Coast region
(02) 6627 0200
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Russelton Industrial Estate, 7 Northcott Crescent, Alstonville NSW 2477
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Evans Head (11 km)
Evans Head is a peaceful, coastal fishing village located on the banks of the Evans River.
Ballina (28 km)
Ballina is a bustling holiday town and service centre and home of the Big Prawn. It's situated at the mouth of the Richmond River, close to superb beaches.
Lismore (35 km)
Lismore is a major North Coast commercial, cultural and administrative centre. It's set in undulating country on the north arm of the Richmond River.