Nerindillah Lagoon walking track
Conjola National Park
The short and easy Nerindillah Lagoon walking track takes in Monument Beach, historic heritage including the Walter Hood monument, and is great for birdwatching.
- Conjola National Park
- 2.5km loop
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- Please note
- You'll need to bring your own drinking water.
- It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to bird watch.
- Strong rips and currents may be present at this beach, so take care in the water and please supervise children at all times.
Starting from Holly Street in North Bendalong, this circuit may only be 2.5km, but walking it will be a rewarding experience as you stroll along the shore of Nerindillah Lagoon. Take a break at Monument Beach picnic area before climbing the track to the Walter Hood monument. Head back along the isolated beach and jump in for a swim along the way.
Birdwatchers will be inspired, too. Keep your eyes peeled for white-faced heron on the lagoon. Sea eagles often soar overhead, and the sands of Monument Beach are home to shorebirds such as sooty oystercatchers and hooded plovers.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Conjola National Park in the South Coast region
Conjola National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 4454 9500
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Blackburn Industrial Estate, Lot 9 Coller Road, Ulladulla NSW
- Fax: (02) 4455 1850
(02) 4423 2170
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- 55 Graham Street, Nowra NSW
- Fax: (02) 4422 7041