Mares Forest Creek walking track
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
Tracking through a marble karst area along a stream, Mares Forest Creek walking track in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Area takes you to Tinted Cave.
- Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve
- 3.2km return
- Time suggested
- 1hr - 1hr 30min
- Grade 4
- Please note
- It's a good idea to bring a torch to see Tinted Cave and binoculars if you want to go bird watching.
- Take care in the water if you're swimming in the creek, and please supervise children at all times.
- Drinking water is limited or not available in this area, so it’s a good idea to bring your own.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
Be in awe of the striking landscape as you take an easy hike along Mares Forest Creek walking track. After around 1.6km and about 45 minutes, you’ll arrive at Tinted Cave, the only cave in Wombeyan you can explore yourself.
Bring a picnic and take a break by the creek. You might also want to bring your swimmers, since there are some deep pools of water alongside some shallower areas that are suitable for smaller kids. Don’t forget your camera either, because you’ll want to remember this remarkable landscape when you get back home.
Birdlife is abundant in the kurrajong trees and yellow box gums, so be sure to bring your binoculars too if birdwatching is of interest. During summer, you may see lizards sunning themselves on rocks, and kangaroos, wallabies and wombats are often spotted close to nightfall.
Using Google Street View Trekker, we've captured imagery across a range of NSW national parks and attractions. Get a bird's eye view of these incredible landscapes before setting off on your own adventure.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Country NSW region
Wombeyan Karst Conservation Reserve is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Wombeyan Caves
(02) 4843 5976
Contact hours: 9am-4.30pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (02) 4843 5988
- Wombeyan Caves