Jenolan River walking track
Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
Jenolan River walking track is all about scenic water views. Also called Working Waters walk, this is an easy bushwalk great for bird watching or swimming at Jenolan Caves.
- Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve
- 2.1km return
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen, suitable clothing
- Please note
- The weather in this area can be extreme and unpredictable, so please ensure you’re well-prepared for your visit.
- The section of road into Jenolan Valley is one-way from 11.45am to 1.15pm every day to allow coaches to enter Jenolan safely. Take Oberon Road if you’re leaving Jenolan between these times.
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go bird watching
It’s hard not to feel energised by the abundant and pristine beauty that surrounds you on this gorgeous, easy walk at Jenolan Caves.
Suitable for almost everyone, and at any time of year, Jenolan River walking track is all about scenic water views. Beginning and ending from the eastern side of Grand Arch, the track rewards you with beautiful views of the river, lake, waterfalls and suspension bridge. You can even bring your gear to enjoy a dip in one of the swimming holes.
To make the most of this walk, why not pack some lunch to enjoy at the nearby waterfront picnic area? See if you can spot the trout ladder adjacent to the hydro hut or glimpse the Blue Lake’s resident platypus.
Birdwatchers are in for a treat with bellbirds, rock warblers and lyrebirds often spotted amongst the area’s diverse plant life, while kangaroos, wallabies and eastern water dragons are also never far away.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
The Jenolan environmental monitoring program, created in 2008, uses special sensory equipment to measure tiny variations in air and water quality at different sites around the karst environment of Jenolan Caves. While still allowing visitors to explore the caves, this allows scientists to protect geodiversity, ensuring conditions stay stable for future generations.
- Blue Mountains Heritage Centre
- 9am-4.30pm daily (closed Christmas Day)
- (02) 4787 8877
- (02) 4787 8514
- End of Govetts Leap Road, Blackheath NSW
- in Jenolan Karst Conservation Reserve in the Sydney and surrounds region
Jenolan Caves is open every day; check the Jenolan Caves website for information about guided tours, restaurants and events.
- Jenolan Caves
(02) 6359 3911
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm daily
- Jenolan Caves Road, Jenolan NSW
- Fax: (02) 6359 3307
- Jenolan Caves