Eualdrie walking track
Weddin Mountains National Park
Eualdrie walking track is a short hiking route that offers scenic views, birdwatching and spring wildflowers.
- Weddin Mountains National Park
- 4.8km return
- Time suggested
- 2hrs 30min - 3hrs 30min
- Grade 4
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to go birdwatching
- If you’re bushwalking in this park, it’s a good idea to bring a topographic map and compass, or a GPS.
- The walking opportunities in this park are suitable for experienced bushwalkers who are comfortable undertaking self-reliant hiking
- There is limited mobile reception in this park
- Toilets can be found at Ben Halls campground and Holy Camp
Situated in Weddin Mountains National Park, near Cowra, Eualdrie walking track follows an old logging trail from Holy Camp. From the base of the mountain you’ll climb steeply to Peregrine lookout, where you can look across to the township of Grenfell. As you ascend, enjoy the constantly changing views of the sandstone escarpments and surrounding farmland.
This moderate track, with short steep sections, winds through heath and woodlands dominated by mugga ironbark, black cypress pine, dwyers red gum, and red stringybark. In spring it’s the wildflowers of daphne heath, pink five-corners, wattles and grevillea you’re most likely to see in bloom.
Wallabies will often be standing quietly on this track blending into the surrounding woodlands of ironbark, black cypress pine and stringybark. You might only notice them when they suddenly dart off through the bush.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Weddin Mountains National Park in the Country NSW region
Weddin Mountains National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 6332 7640
Contact hours: 8.30am-4.30pm Monday to Friday
- Level 2, 203-209 Russell Street, Bathurst NSW. To contact the KARST Conservation Unit in this office please call (02) 6332 7680.
- Fax: (02) 6332 7650