Macquarie Pass National Park
For an easy walk through shady rainforest, take Cascades walk to a beautiful waterfall and pool near Kiama and Robertson.
- Macquarie Pass National Park
- No disabled access
- 2km return
- Time suggested
- 45min - 1hr 15min
- Grade 3
- What to
- Drinking water, hat, sunscreen
- Please note
- Protect against leeches and ticks with insect repellent
- Please leave wildflowers and other plants as they are
- Tall forest is best avoided when there are strong winds
- Remember to take your binoculars if you want to birdwatch
The easy and rewarding Cascades walk will take you through rainforest and tall eucalypt forest along a creek to the beautiful cascades. This rainforest haven is home to lyrebirds, platypus and goannas, as well as large native figs, lilly pillys and lianas. Wander through the fern understorey. With lizards skittering about and birds darting through the shafts of sunlight, this is a delightful experience all year-round, but is a special treat in summer when the rainforest canopy provides shade and protection.
Children will love the variety of this walk. Why not bring a book of local birds or plants so that they can identify what they’re seeing? Bring binoculars for birdwatching, and they can take a good look into the canopy for surprises. Then, finish up with a relaxing lunch at Cascades picnic area after you’ve all had enough walking for the day.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Macquarie Pass National Park in the South Coast and Country NSW regions
Macquarie Pass National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
(02) 4224 4188
Contact hours: 9.00am-3.00pm Monday to Friday
- Ground Floor, 84 Crown Street, Wollongong NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (02) 4224 4199