Bellamy fire trail
Berowra Valley National Park
Bellamy fire trail is a northern Sydney secret. This short walk through Berowra Valley National Park connects Pennant Hills and Thornleigh along a dog-friendly bushland trail.
- Berowra Valley National Park
- 0.6km one-way
- Time suggested
- 30min - 1hr
- Grade 5
- Opening times
The Bellamy fire trail is open from sunrise to sunset and may be closed at times due to poor weather or fire danger.
- Please note
It’s a good idea to put sunscreen on before you set out and remember to take a hat and drinking water
This short walk through Berowra Valley National Park is perfect for a daily breather. A level path takes you down to Zig-Zag Creek, over a bridge and up to the high walls and towering forest of the old railway quarry, an attractive natural amphitheatre of sandstone. Even though there's no directional signage, you'll find the path easy to follow.
You’ll see fern trees, grass trees, coachwood and a variety of tall eucalypts while hearing the joyful call of kookaburras. Interpretive signs tell the history of the historic Zig-Zag railway that used to pass through here. Take a seat on the old railway sleepers and enjoy the peace and beauty of the bush before heading back to daily life.
Sign up to our Naturescapes e-newsletter which is packed with information, new products, experiences and events in NSW national parks. Your next park adventure starts here.
Saving our Species is a innovative conservation program in NSW. It aims to halt and reverse the growing numbers of Australian animals and plants facing extinction. This program aims to secure as many threatened species that can be secured in the wild as possible, for the next 100 years.
- in Berowra Valley National Park in the Sydney and surrounds region
- Berowra Valley National Park is always open but may have to close at times due to poor weather or fire danger
- Crosslands Reserve is open 8am to 7.30pm during daylight savings and 9am to 5pm the rest of the year
- Barnetts Road Reserve and the lookout is closed from sunset to sunrise
(02) 8448 0400
Contact hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday
- Lane Cove National Park, Lady Game Drive, Chatswood NSW
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: (02) 8448 0444